Magazine Monitor

Magazine Monitor

OKCupid: Who thinks compatibility reviews on dating internet sites?

Share this is eastmeeteast legit with

They are outside links and certainly will start in a window that is new

They are external links and certainly will start in a brand new window

Close share panel

The dating website OKCupid has pretended to users with “bad” degrees of computer-assessed compatibility that they are well-suited. Can belief in algorithms make individuals like each other, asks Justin Parkinson.

Christian Rudder has publicly questioned perhaps the algorithms utilized by their dating internet site to suggest prospective lovers are “garbage”. He experimented by telling users of OKCupid by having a 30% “compatibility” score which they had been in fact more likely become suitable – either 60% or 90%.Continue reading